Description of the Harapan Project:
Harapan Project has been working since 2010 on the island of Sumbawa in Indonesia, helping the local government to improve the education and health care of the children of the Hu´u community (6 villages, 2,400 children).
We carry out the following programs:
1.- Educational and Sports Program:
We teach in the 3 local schools of the district of Hu´u (reading and writing, English, mathematics, computer science, history and geography…) and we carry out many sports programs in order to promote the values of effort, improvement, perseverance, equality, respect, sportsmanship, solidarity, camaraderie and teamwork.
2.- Medical Program:
We give free medical assistance to all sick children in the Hu´u district and implement other medical programs aimed to the entire population (Malaria, malnutrition…).
3.- Social Assistance Program:
We provide assistance to people in situations of special need, in order to improve their living conditions and meet their basic needs (clothing delivery, water purification, minor food..).
The Harapan House:
Currently, we are immersed in the construction of our own socio-educational center, the Harapan House, which will serve as the base camp for our team and our volunteers and where we will establish a school of organic vegetable gardens and a dairy farm, with In order to fight the enormous malnutrition suffered by the local population.
Goals of the Harapan House:
- Improve the general education of the population.
- Improve the medical care of children.
- Reduce the high malnutrition rates of children and women during pregnancy and lactation.
- Start-up of an organic garden school to improve education in agriculture.
- Start-up of an ecological farm to teach the production of dairy products.
- Start-up of a stone oven to teach how to make bread.